Friday, November 16, 2007

Ghost in the machine?

I think that the do not call registry was a great first step though they are currently debating a 5 year expiry which will cause you to have to re-register. It has dramatically cut down on the "crap calls" that come into the house. Now a big issue is false or misleading caller ID information. The standard rule at my house is if the name does not look familiar, we don't answer. If it is important, they will leave a message.

I have a phone for me to use, just like I have a cell phone for me to use. If you are important to me, you have my number and I have yours. You are in my directory and the phone identifies you when you call. If I don't know you or the number, most likely you should not be calling me and so I don't answer. Again, if it is important, you will leave a message and I will call you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment