Monday, October 7, 2013

Obamacare realities

And yet more rubes self identify...

"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today," Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."

"Of course, I want people to have health care," Vinson said. "I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally."

The law's intent is to cover people who are now uninsured by making insurance accessible to everybody. But that means rates will rise for many because sick and healthy people will now be charged the same premium.

I love that line: I just didn't realize I would be the one who was going to pay for it personally. Like the money fairy was going to fart out the billions this mess of a program is going to cost. Well welcome to the real world.

They try to end this article on a high note but the reality is a lot of people that were taking care of themselves responsibly by having insurance will be punished to help others pay for insurance. Also, young people that need insurance the least are now force to have more expensive insurance than what they could have gotten before. The minimum mandates don't help either.

If this beast is so good, why is the government exempt?

No comments:

Post a Comment