Thursday, October 17, 2013

New Kid at School

Congressional Republicans act like the new kid at school who has a self esteem problem. They will do whatever the other kids (Democrats & MSM) say in order to be accepted and to fit in. Every once in a while they remember who they really are and try to resist but in the end they always surrender to peer pressure.

It is like an after school special. You always root for them hoping this time they will stand firm. That they will finally realize the cool kids will never like them but if they take a stand for what is right, for their convictions, they just might get some respected. Alas it is not to be. We have been down this road before and it is to the point where you know, in your heart that they will let you down.

The Republican party can't seem to understand why support from the base is so low. Why voters are just not turning out. This is why. You take the right road and we think maybe this time will be different but as soon as you see the first pothole you turn the car around and go the other way.

As a fiscally conservative voter I feel like I am being played for a sucker and I am tired of it. Based on the turn-out for the last election, I am not the only one. Apparently the national Republic party is happy to be "Democrat Light", fine. You can have it. I am tired of going into the voting booth, holding my nose and pulling the lever for the "lesser of two evils". That road has gotten us here, where we are today. I might as well have just stayed home the last few election cycles. If this is the best that the Republican party can do then in the future I will. The Republican party has spend years making this bed with the Democrats, I hope you enjoy sleeping in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment