Thursday, September 3, 2009

Can you say "projection"?

The biggest problem with the media’s understanding of the Tea Party movement is that some on the left assume (1) that the Tea Parties are Astroturfed at least as much as some of the left’s own demonstrations and (2) that the educated right hates Obama at least as much as the educated left hates Bush and Cheney. So far, I haven’t seen much evidence of either.

Neither have I and I don't know anyone that "hates" Obama. I know a number of people that think he is wrong for this country and is taking us in the wrong direction but "hate"? Just don't see it. Most on the right did not "hate" Clinton either. Thought he was a disgrace to the office and that he and the misses were basically acting like grifters but no hate, heck Bill seems like a real likable fellow, someone you would enjoy having a few beers with. I do admit that there are some harsh feelings toward the misses. She just can not help but rub some people the wrong way.

I did watch this exchange as part of an earlier post related to the guns at town hall events controversy. This bit did escape my notice as I was focused on the other topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment