Monday, August 28, 2006

Beech Sheets

I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond the other day getting some bed linens. I was looking for Jersey Tee-Shirt sheets. They are really good, comfortable sheets that are soft, cool and flexible. I must have checked half a dozen stores looking for them. I finally made my way to BB&B and they had tee-shirt sheets but not Jersey.

They also had something called Pure Beech sheets. The sample swatch felt quite good so I figured what the heck and got a couple of sets to try. I have been using them for a week now and I must say, they are really good sheets. They feel very similar to quality tee-shirt sheets with an extra touch of silkiness. I do like them quite a bit. The BB&B site says "These unique sheets are made from modal, a fiber created from the beechwood tree. The result is a fabric that is soft and light as silk..." I have to agree. We will see how well they stand up to the test of time but right now, they get two thumbs up.

Update: 2/12/08
Have been using these sheets on and off since they were purchased. They have resisted "pilling" and have remained comfortable and soft. They have shown very little ware. A good buy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment