Friday, December 16, 2005

Thank you, Morgan Freeman

Thank you, Morgan Freeman!

"I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history."

and

Freeman notes there is no "white history month," and says the only way to get rid of racism is to "stop talking about it."

I have been thinking and saying the same for quite some time. I believe that the racism that still exists in America is such a pale version of that which existed in decades past. I am not saying that racism is gone but take a good look around. Race relations in this country is SO good that it is not even of note any longer to see inter-racial couples. The level is SO not where it was and the cause of race relations is not helped in any way by the professional race-baters using any current event to trumpet the race horn. I believe that the country is at the point where we could just let it go. As Freeman says, it is not black history or white history or yellow history, it is American history. I am just glad someone of Feeman's prominence said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment