Tuesday, December 13, 2005

All done with Boston Legal

Last night was probably my last episode of Boston Legal. I was out of town last week so my wife recorded it for me and I finally got a chance to see it last night. I saw the trend coming but I was hoping that the writers could restrain themselves. I guess it was just too much to ask. In this episode the story line had two of the junior lawyers impersonate FBI agents with the help of an FBI agent. He gave the lawyers badges and a fake search warrant. The show was not done there; they then had one of the lawyers ‘accidentally’ chop off three fingers from a priest’ hand, had the priest break the confessional seal and be a crook. On top of that they have turned the only conservative character into a walking joke.

James Spader’s character, Alan Shore, used to be interesting, now he is just a liberal stereotype. William Shatner as Denny Crane was accosted by a homeless man and he shot the homeless man with a paintball gun. The homeless man tried to sue, was bullied by Shatner and so Spader decided to defend him. As part of his speech on that, he actually said that America let poor people die during the Katrina hurricane because they were poor. I can understand this sort of talk from the professional race baiters but I expected more from TV (shame on me).

Well I am done with BL...

No comments:

Post a Comment