Monday, November 28, 2005

Portable storage on the go

My new job has made me a frequent traveler and I like having backups of my data when I do travel. I was using (and still have) one of those USB memory sticks. It is OK and it holds a Gig which is nice but it was starting to get full so I started looking for another, at a fair price. What I found instead is one of these.

I actually have their 6 gig version and I have to say I like it a lot. It is small and contains a 6 gig hard drive, is totally powered off of the USB port, holds plenty, was not too expensive compared to the memory sticks I looked at, comes with a nice case and (I think) best of all, the actual USB plug-in swivels 180 degrees so you can twist the body to fit into those cramped USB ports. I use it with my laptop to store important files and presentations while on the road and as a general data backup device.

I could have gotten a 40 gig unit for just a few dollars more but all of the units of that size needed external power and I just did not want to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment